This month's luncheon is sponsored by:
Would you believe that DuPage County is home to over 3,000 nonprofit organizations? Each organization has a unique cause serving the DuPage region. In fact, over 120 nonprofit organizations are Chamber Members and comprise 10% of overall Membership.
A key factor in success for nonprofit organizations is having adequate support for their mission and programs. Charities reach out to the private sector for this support, and every business can relate to the donor ‘ask’ experience and often experience donor fatigue.
Businesses are challenged with balancing their financial sustainability against their commitment to give back in our local community. The key is learning what to give and when in your company’s lifecycle. There is a lot more to making a community investment and it’s all about ‘Giving Beyond The Check’.
Does your company want engaged, motivated and connected employees? Because…..
• 79% of people prefer to work for a socially responsible company and 79% of employees think it’s important that their companies match their charitable giving (Source: Cone Research).
• More than 50% of millennials were influenced to accept a job based on that company’s involvement with causes (Source: 2014 Millennial Impact Study).
Attend this month’s General Membership Luncheon to learn best practices from a panel of businesses who have figured out how to engage employees with ‘beyond the check’ activities, local resources to support you and why these companies continue to invest in these initiatives.
Panel of Speakers:
- Nicki Anderson – President & CEO of Naperville Area Chamber of Commerce will facilitate this panel discussion
- Peri Todd – Director of DuPage Medical Group Charitable Fund
- Kimberly White – Executive Director of Community Career Center
- Monica Tijerina - Director, Global Community Engagement for McDonald's Corporation
- Shefali Trivedi – Executive Director of Giving DuPage
Do you attend the General Membership Luncheon every month? We offer a discount for a year-long registration. Receive 10% off your registration when you sign-up for the whole year. Select the 'Year-Long Chamber Member Registration' option at sign-up and you will then be registered for the entire year. Please note: this registration is non-refundable, if you are unable to attend a month your registration can be transfered to a different attendee.
The Chamber's monthly General Membership Luncheon is an opportunity to network with hundreds of fellow Chamber Members and for hearing discussion on topics of interest to the business community. Previous presenters include United States National Security Advisor James L. Jones, motivational expert Steve Beck, former Illinois Governor Jim Edgar, US Chamber of Commerce President & CEO Thomas Donohue, noted futurist Rebecca Ryan, and Naperville Mayor, A. George Pradel who presented the annual State of the City address.
For more information on sponsorship email Brianna Belgio
, Events Manager or call (630) 544-3377.