“The Benefits of Collaboration between For Profit & Non-Profit Organizations”
The collaborative relationship between For Profit and Non-Profit organizations has never been greater. As we look toward a new decade amidst a challenging economic environment, it’s important to recognize and maximize the synergy between the two sectors. Our distinguished panel will explore the mutual benefits of philanthropic relationships from a number of perspectives.
The panel will touch on many topics including the following:
• Beyond furthering the mission of specific NFPs, what are the business benefits of philanthropic involvement – “Why should I become involved?”
• How does your organization choose which NFP’s to become involved with? – Do you recommend aligning efforts with your own mission or choose based on the personal preferences of staff?
• What sorts of involvement are valued most from your organization’s perspective?
• Do you as a For Profit leader set a certain ratio in terms of hours employees spend volunteering or dollars directed toward NFP efforts? What is your strategy for determining level of investment?
• What types of benefits do NFPs make available to the For Profit businesses in response to their involvement?
• What type of feedback do you get from consumers about involvement with Non-Profits?
• How does the NFP community contribute to employee health and well-being?
• How do you see the role of collaboration between NFP and For-Profit organizations in the next decade?
Tom Kallay, Sr. Regional Community Relations Director, NICOR
Dave Kelsch, President, Advanced Data Technologies
Becky Anderson, Co-Owner, Anderson’s Bookshops
Ron Hume, Executive Director, NCO Youth & Family Services
Kathy Blair, Executive Director, Giving DuPage
John Schmitt, President & CEO, Naperville Area Chamber of Commerce
This program has been guided by the NACC Not-for-Profit Advisory Team
The can't-miss event of the Chamber's monthly calendar is our General Membership Luncheon. Significant speakers who have attended recent luncheons include former Illinois Governor Jim Edgar, US Chamber of Commerce President & CEO Thomas Donohue and noted futurist Rebecca Ryan. Each month's event is an excellent chance for networking and for hearing discussion on topics of interest to the business community.
Reservations are required.
For more information on sponsorship email Lisa Livingston Manager, Event Services
or call (630) 355-4141 ext. 3365.